Tandoori Chicken Breast
Craving some delicious Delhi Street Style Chicken!! Even when every kind of chicken dish is available, sometimes one really does miss that Delhi flavor. That charcoaled tandoori chicken served with the spicy chutney and rumali roti.
Today, I bring you Delhi Street Style Tandoori Chicken Recipe. Go ahead try it out and give your taste buds a treat ??
Let’s get started.
Head to your kitchen, open up the fridge and get that chilled Yoghurt out!!
No need to hang the poor thing to make a “Hung Curd” or “Hung Yoghurt” The Original works just fine too.
Also grab that GG paste please!!! What’s that – Ginger Garlic paste – see I am lazy expect some shortcuts ?
Oh wait, Lemon too… we need that.. Andddddd of course the most important ingredient, the one that we’re supposed to eat after it’s made. Chicken!!!
Here’s a list to get you sorted and going –
Easy Juicy Chicken Breast - KETO - Delhi Style Tandoori Chicken - Quick Chicken RecipeCuisine: Indian, PakistaniDifficulty: Medium
Chicken Breast – 1lb
Chicken thighs – optional
Yogurt – 1 tbsp (should be enough, if not, add 1/2 tbsp more)
GG paste – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp for marination and 1 tbsp for cooking
Salt – to your taste
Red chili powder – to your taste
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Ground Coriander / Dhaniya powder – 1/2tsp
Chaat Masala – 1/2 tbsp
Ground Cumin / Zeera Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala – sprinkle a little
Mint leaves (fresh or dried – sprinkle some
Cilantro leaves (fresh or dried) – sprinkle some
Crushed Kasuri Methi / Dried Fenugreek Leaves – sprinkle some
Besan / Gram Flour – 1 tbsp
Lemon Juice – about half a lemon
- It’s Marination time now –
- Wash & clean the Chicken
- Slice it in half. Try and do it from the middle
- Put them in a bowl
- Mix up and cover and put in the fridge for about 4 hours. You can do 1 hour too, but the more time, the better the marination.
- While the chicken is getting marinated, let’s put our brains on how to make it now.
- Well, I have these options; in case you have another one please do let me know in the comments. I’d be happy to try them out, too 😀 The options I have used to cook it are –
- Gas / Electric Grill / Barbecue Grill / Air fryer / Oven too (though it comes out a bit dry!!)
- Today we prepared in a frying pan, so let’s get cooking. I will share the method for Air Fryer Electric Grill and BBQ Grill too.
- Heat the pan and drizzle some oil or ghee
- Place the chicken pieces
- Cook on medium heat for 5-7minutes
- Flip and cook the other side
- Flip again after 5-7minutes
- Do Not Cover & Cook
- After about 20 – 22minute —— Voila – Juicy & Tender Tandoori Chicken is ready …
- Sprinkle some Chaat masala & Lemon Juice (optional, but this definitely enhances the taste)
- Serve this delicious meal with your favorite dip/chutney. Eat it just like that or with Rice, Naan, Chapati, or Bread ??