Oil Free Fryums
As a kid, we loved those colorful, different shaped fryums (also known as Far Far). I am pretty sure, those who loved it then love it now. Some of you might have gone oil conscious on your diet. So this one is for you all, who love to eat Fryums but want to avoid all that unnecessary oil.
My kiddo loves fryums, just like me 😀 Now as a human being of selective taste buds, I love JUNK FOOD, and I have very less concerns about the oil/fat. BUT, as a mother – Healthy a yes yes yes, Junk a no no no …(hypocrisy much,eh!!) Apart from this, *touchwood* my little one is not a junk food fanatic yet. The only junk in his life is Fries, Popcorns, Fryums and Doritos.
I didn’t know that fryums could be made without a single drop of oil. I was baking fries for my son, when it hit me, can I make fryums by baking or any other way. Then I remembered, my mom making papads in the microwave. And that’s where I got the idea to make fryums in microwave. After all, it’s the same as papad, or so I thought.
This one’s for all the lil monsters always hungry and always looking out for a snack. I have not forgotten my fellow Lazy Insomniacs who are always on a lookout for some midnight snacks, this one is for you too. Go Binge!!
What you’ll need –
- Microwave safe bowl / plate
- An Oil Free Snack for those Hunger Pangs ??
- Know your Microwave –
Understand the power settings of your microwave. Is it on high, medium, or low power? The fryums get cooked anywhere between 55 seconds to 1 minute. Low setting might take 1 minute 5 seconds.
- Do not leave the microwave unattended. Keep an eye on the fryums, they cook quick and burn even quicker.
- Be very careful when you take the plate out, it’ll be hot (this comes from personal experience).
- Some different shaped fryums, especially the thick ones, take few extra seconds.
- If you have few uncooked or undercooked fryums, cook them separately for 10 – 20 seconds.
Fryums RecipeCuisine: Indian, PakistaniDifficulty: Easy
100 g Fryums / Far Far
- Take a Microwave safe plate/bowl
- Spread the Fryums
- Put in the microwave
- Set the timer to 1 minute (*be attentive; it can be cooked in 55 seconds*)
- Fryums Ready.
- *Mindful of the Hot Plate*
This 1 minute snack is perfect for those hunger pangs which comes unannounced. Oil free and Quick.
Enjoy and Thank me later ??
Do try this recipe, and share your experiences in the comments 🙂